Dress Code Policy
Imagine Woodbury Academy enforces a school uniform policy. At Imagine Woodbury Academy, we believe that appropriate clothing supports a positive learning environment. The school dress code will be the following for all students:
- White, navy blue or light blue collared shirt. Shirts may be long or short sleeved and are to be worn buttoned and tucked in at all times if reaching past standing wrist level.
- Cold weather attire may include solid navy or white sweaters, cardigans, or vests. No hoodies or jackets.
- Shoes should allow your child to run and play safely during recess and physical education class.
- Hats, bandanas, excessive jewelry etc. of any type is not to be worn.
- Khaki (tan) or navy blue pants, shorts, skorts, skirts, and jumpers are to be worn firmly at the waist. Shorts and skirts should reach to the top of the
- knees so as not to be a distraction from the educational environment.
- Halters, tube tops or other tops that show your child’s midriff are not allowed at school. Unsafe shoes, open-toed shoes, high heels, platform shoes, shoes without backs and roller skates are to be left at home for safety reasons.
Be sure to check the weather, if possible, before sending your child to school. If it is wet outside, send your child with an umbrella or raincoat. If it is cold or snowy, your child should wear a jacket, hat, gloves, and boots (optional.) Remember, recess is outdoors if it is dry and the temperature is not below 32 degrees with the wind chill factor.